1. Create a new JDBC Data Source in Kylo via the Admin - Data sources
2. Verify this creates the new Controller service in Nifi and that it works (i.e. hook it up to a Get Table Data processor and verify it can query
3. Verify you can select tables when creating a new Data Ingest feed with this data source (i.e. the Auto complete works on the feed stepper)
4. Update the data source Admin -> Data sources and change the password to something wrong
5. Verify the NiFi GetTable Data test (#2 above) doesnt work
6. Verify the Data Ingest Feed Stepper doesnt auto complete
7. Update the data source in Kylo Admin -> Data sources and change the password to the correct password.
8. Verify the Get Table Data test passes
9. Verify the Data Ingest Feed Stepper auto complete works.
#8 and #9 were not working for a client; however I tried it and it worked.
Can you test this out and see if there is an issue?
Yes, confirming steps 8 and 9 do not work as expected.
Cant reproduce it anymore.
Tried many times, restarted Kylo and Nifi, still works fine. Now i suspect that maybe the first time around i put an incorrect password.
This is what i suspect may happen, this is the sequence of what i personally do to replace the password and noticed it doesn't behave as i expect. See attached screenshots for details while reading this:
1 - create new data source (no screenshot for this)
2 - go back to edit data source, there is an existing password (image1)
3 - click pencil to edit data source and click into the password field (image2)
4 - select all characters in the field (image3)
5 - type the first character of new password (image4) - this is where it "breaks" - instead of having first character in the password field we get a dropdown and no character. When typing fast enough this is difficult to spot. This "behaviour" is unusual for password field, i would have expected to have the first character
6 - continue typing the password, at the end we get a password which is missing the first character (image5)
Committed a fix for always getting the first character in the password field. This corresponds to step 5 in the previous comment.