I have seen a lot of wired behavior with the standardizers/validators that are applied when you are working with a feed with lots of columns. The feed data I tested was the attached 500 col file.
1) at times I added 2 standardizers, 1 to a column in the top 10 and 1 to a column toward the end.
2) I then carried on and saved the feed.
3) the feed details screen didnt have any standardizers on any of the fields.
Scenario 2 (screenshots attached)
1) create a feed with a 2 standardizers One on a field at the start of the list and then one at the end.
2) save the feed
3) the standardizers appear to have multiplied and has been applied random columns and a lot more of them exist (screenshots attached)